The Chartered Institute of Customer Service Excellence (CICSE) is a leading service excellence body, dedicated to the promotion of service excellence across industries and sectors. We achieve this through research, developing standards and training employees and gearing them for service excellence. We are leaders in providing a platform to connect like-minded professionals whilst representing the interests of the profession/industry.
Superior customer service has a critical role in the success of the any economy and is key to sustainable business organisational performance. An organisation’s reputation is the direct result of a continued team effort to provide a level of service that is second to none. The key to success in a competitive market is to provide a product or level of service that is unique - this is what differentiates one business from another. The Chartered Institute of Customer Service Excellence focuses on guiding organisations to achieve and maintain service excellence and instill a culture of excellent customer service. From the development of service charters and service standards to implementing complaints management systems including certifying and rewarding employees that go all the way in delivering excellence, The Chartered Institute of Customer Service Excellence is there to assist organisations prosper through service excellence.
- Develop standards, tools and benchmark for customer service excellence.
- Research and increase the customer service body of Knowledge.
- Accredit and certify organisations meeting stipulated standards and specifications.
- Grow the customer service community in Africa.
- Guide and support organisations and individuals in delivering excellent service.
- Develop platforms for information sharing leading to increased customer excellence across industries.
- Develop service excellence skills and competencies for our members.
- Elevate the customer service profession among other professions in Africa.
The Customer Service board
The board is tasked with the training, development and professional certification. It is responsible for ensuring that the customer service and academic standards are met. Specifically the academic board is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the customer service excellence goals and objectives of the institute are met.
- Making periodic reviews of the scope and content of the array of taught programmes and component courses and to guide its future development.
- Approval of academic programmes and curriculum.
- Quality assurance (academic monitoring, quality promotion mechanisms and Quality Management System and/or audit reports)
- Developing and enforcing internal and external quality management systems and standards.
- Accreditation of eternal training providers and facilitators.
- Approve memberships, services status, conferment of Service certificates to accredited institutions and professionals.
- Approve research ethics and integrity applications.
The Executive Management
The executive management is responsible for the management of the Institute. Through departmental heads, the institute executes it mandate of guiding organisations and individuals in providing excellence service. The institute has the following heads:
- Corporate Affairs
- Training and Development
- Research and Events
- Membership, Marketing and Communications
- Standards and accreditation